1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Drove northing's M3 (and consequently learned how to drive a manual). Came out to people I didn't know well as bi. Went to a gathering protesting anti-gay-marriage.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
New Years' resolutions? hah.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Does the bay area count as its own country? What about LA? ;P
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
A significant other.
7. What dates from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
My 21st bday ... other than that, nothing in particular.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Making it through a few quarters of school. :p
9. What was your biggest failure?
Screwing up Spring quarter.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I've had my emotions fucked with by trolls, parents, etc ... but other than that, no.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I don't have any money, so I didn't buy much of anything this year. ;P
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
All my friends. I still have them, don't I? ;)
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Government, the US population, my parents ...
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent, gas, phone/internet bill, and food.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Dryice, learning to drive Rob's car, ...
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier, I think ... less fucked-up, certainly. (although we're all fucked-up, so ... *shrug*)
b) thinner or fatter? same
c) richer or poorer? same
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Coding. Seeing friends. Finding an SO. :p
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With relatives. Which is generally a waste of time, I think.
21. Did you fall in love in 2004?
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
TV? What's that? If you're talking about Anime ... hmmm. Eva was good, as was Crest of the Stars, Gunparade March, etc ... I don't have a specific favorite.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't hate people. Ever.
25. What was the best book you read?
A lot of those Analog stories were pretty good.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Cheesy 80s music. ;)
27. What did you want and get?
A nice big flat panel monitor (well, almost got ... we haven't actually bought it yet, it was supposed to be my 21st bday present)
28. What did you want and not get?
A "new" car. But I wasn't honestly expecting it, either.
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
I have noooo idea.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went out for Chinese (because all the Sushi places were closed ... grrrr). 21.
31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
An SO. (duh.)
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
Whatever the hell I feel like wearing.
33. What kept you sane?
My laptop, my car, my friends.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
bleh. They all have ... issues. :p
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
The anti-gay-marriage display at Cal Poly. Definitely.
36. Who did you miss?
Meep. She's not allowed to be in WA. :p
37. Who was the best new person you met?
That is a very good question.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
Nobody actually eats cucumbers.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
"I've become so numb I can't feel you there
I've become so tired so much more aware
I'm becoming this all I want to do
Is be more like me and be less like you
And I know
I may end up failing too ..."