>>> The Weekend
Was pretty uneventful, except for the cleaning and the going over to Andy's. Andy and I had a substantive conversation, which made me happy. I feel like I don't have those often enough, with enough people.
The other amusing thing, though, was the vacuuming. I was on a cleaning stint this weekend, and decided my living room floor needed vacuuming. But the vacuum cleaner didn't sound quite right, and it was getting really bogged down on the carpet-mat I have in front of the futon.
So I pulled the cover off, and found this...
A half hour and one knife later, I managed to get it looking like this:
And I was left with this on the floor:
What a metric fuckton of my hair was doing in the vacuum cleaner, I'll never know. ;P
Work continues, but at a reduced pace. Since we're so close to (the final, actual) release, there's not as much for Mike and I to do. But we keep finding things, so I guess that's not entirely bad. ;)
We've found a new "game" with which to amuse ourselves. Every time one or the other of us does something weird, silly or generally us-like, we assess a fee, tax, penalty, levy, or tariff on the other. ;P So far one of the other of us has assessed the following:
- Excessive apology surcharge (Mike -> Des)
- Whiteboard revision surcharge (Des)
- Failure to talk like a pirate assessment (Mike -> Des)
- Leaving window open on a cold day penalty (Mike -> Des)
- Meowing royalty fee (Des -> Mike)
- Java-induced violence mitigation fee (Mike -> Des)
- Pithy comment excise tax (Des -> Mike)
- Levy on drama-induced lunch delays (Mike -> Des)
- NSFW speech surcharge (Mike -> Des)
One full whiteboard (out of three) in our office has been devoted to this game.
I'm sure we'll come up with a good half-dozen more tomorrow. And yes, I'm keeping a list of them all. ;P