(I seem to be prone to stir-craziness...)
Continuting Operational Directives:
- The night before, make a list of what I plan to accomplish/do in a given day. Keep it on the whiteboard. Except when in crash mode, a certain amount of that list must be downtime of one form or another.
- Stick to that list. Don't arbitrarily remove or defer things, and don't do things that aren't on it, either, unless I decide to add them.
- Create a balanced list of mid and long-term goals. Keep this list someplace where it is easily accessible. Don't modify it without sleeping on it at least one night.
- Spend at least one half-hour block in any given day staring at the clouds or the hills, idly watching other people pass by, and/or contemplating the greater scheme of things.
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep per night.
- Do something spontaneous once a week. (Yes, that means add it to the daily list, and do it, on the spot.)
As a rule, I'm not particularly fond of "recipes" for "success" (whatever that is), but the current alternative is apathy. Apathy is getting boring, and depressive.
Besides, if I spend all my time talking about apathy, you're all going to think I have no life. :)
00:13:45 up 7:03, 1 user, load average: 0.07, 0.06, 0.13